|World Water Day|
World Water Day 2021: If the tap is kept open while brushing, about 20 to 25 liters of water is wasted in five minutes.
World Water Day 2021: Today, the water crisis is taking place in the world. Where every region is doing its work. At the same time, people are still not getting clean water. Many scholars even say that the next world war will be about water. Man is forgetting the importance of water, due to which water crisis is in front of everyone today. For this purpose, World Water Day started to explain the importance of water to the people.
History of World Water Day
The international initiative to celebrate World Water Day was made at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development held in Rio de Janeiro on 22 March 1992 in Brazil. In 1993, the United Nations decided in its General Assembly to celebrate this day as an annual event.
the importance of water was reduced by humans. Said Thales, the first philosopher, said hundreds of years before BC that water is the cause of all material things and the basis of all living life, but it must be said with regret that the whole world including India has been able to save this invaluable heritage ever since. Has failed. For this reason, World Water Day is celebrated every year.
- - In Mumbai, it costs 50 lakh liters of water to wash trains every day.
- - In Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai, 17 to 40 percent of the water is wasted due to malfunctioning of the pipelines.
- - In Israel, there is an average of 10 cm of rain. In this rain he produces grains. While there is a shortage of food grains in India despite the excess waterfall.
- - Women travel approximately 6.4 km for drinking water in India.
- - More than 70 percent of the Earth is filled with water. But the quantity of sweet water is very less. 97.3 percent water is saline, which is not suitable for drinking.
- - If the tap is kept open while brushing, about 20 to 25 liters of water is wasted in five minutes.
- - 2 out of 10 people in the world do not get clean drinking water.
- To drink, a person needs 3 liters of water every day and 50 liters of water for animals.
- - Humans get water from all vegetation originating in the earth.
- - One thousand liters are needed to grow one kilo of wheat and four thousand liters of water to grow one kilo of rice.
When did 'World Water Day' start celebrating
The United Nations began celebrating "World Water Day" to make the world aware of the need for water. In 1992, the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), held in Rio de Janeiro, began celebrating World Water Day. Was organized for the first time on March 22, 1993.
What is the purpose of celebrating Water Day?
How important it is to save water in the world, it is our basic resource, many works are conducted by it and lack of it can lead to a lot of activity. Crisis on existence can deepen.
The theme for World Water Day 2021
Every year World Water Day is celebrated with a theme. This year's theme is "Valuing Water", which aims to make people understand the importance of water. There are many countries in the world where people do not get even drinking water and then people face many health-related problems by drinking dirty water.
This is how World Water Day is celebrated
Every year on the occasion of World Water Day many types of programs are organized. Efforts are made to explain water conservation and its importance to people through speeches, poems, and stories. All kinds of photographs and posters are shared which aim to make people understand the importance of water.
World Water Day Theme
1. the Year 2021- Valuing Water
2. the Year 2020- Water and climate change
3. the Year 2019 - Do not leave anyone behind
4. the Year 2018 - Solution based on nature for water
5. the Year 2017- Waste Water
6. the Year 2016 - Water and Jobs
7. the Year 2015 - Water and Sustainable Development
8. the Year 2014 - Water and Energy
9. the Year 2013 - Water Cooperation